Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Christmas with the Family

Christmas is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year. I love the lights, the decorations, and all of the baked goods! Sadly, this year was the first since moving out of my parent’s house that I didn’t have a Christmas tree. All of the madness around writing my thesis and preparing for my defense just didn’t leave any time for pulling out decorations and finding a tree. I did take a break from writing and stressing to spend Christmas in Millbrook. My family always gets together on Christmas morning for a big breakfast, including Christmas cookies.

Photo Dec 25, 7 35 47 AM

Another thing I love about the holidays is finding presents for a few special people.  I have seven nephews and nieces to buy for, so I won’t get into all of the gifts, just a few of my faves. B was excited about his new beef flavored bone. I found a Melissa & Doug magnetic puzzle for my Nephew, Gray.  I love Melissa & Doug’s wooden toys and this puzzle came with a magnetic fishing pole. I got Seth a couple of Man Cans, candles with manly scents made in soup cans (following donations to local soup kitchens). I bought the campfire and coffee candles, and love both.

PicMonkey Collage

Christmas night, Seth made it through tornado ridden weather in a nearly broken down truck to spend at least some part of Christmas with me. However, one of my nephews was in his lap as soon as he arrived.

Photo Dec 26, 8 15 47 AM

Even without a tree, all of my favorite decorations, and time to spend looking at Christmas lights, Christmas 2012 was wonderful! I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with Seth and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment