Thursday, August 7, 2014

Things to look forward to

  • To actually churn out some blog posts.  I have happily spent more time outside and with friends and family over the past month and not much time on the computer.  Don't get me wrong, I'm completely okay with giving up a little computer time, but finding recipes and DIY projects to share keeps my diet and my free time moving in a positive direction.  Over the past month, I've been eating more fruits and vegetables and less meat. For the most part, I have stuck to a vegetarian diet throughout the week, and given in on the weekend when I’m generally eating with friends and family.  I feel so much better when I reduce the amount of meat and processed food I consume.  I'll be sharing a few recipes for smoothies and hopefully a few vegetarian friendly meals.   
  • To get a little more organized.  I’m slightly concerned I am turning into a work-hoarder.  My desk is constantly covered in papers and I have way too many post-it notes scattered about to serve any type of productive purpose.  I’ve also been using a desk calendar this year, and while it is a beautiful Sugar Paper calendar, I hate that I can’t slip it into my purse and that everyone who comes into my office can see everything I have planned (granted it is only visible if I have moved around some of the mass amounts of paper).  In addition to finding a planner (I’m leaning toward this Kate Spade) and thinking about organizing my office, I will be looking for a few new ways to get organized around my house. 
  • To going kayaking.  Seth got me a kayak for my birthday, which I love.  We've already gone down the Coosa River (Coosa River Adventures was fun and so easy to work with) and are working on plans for more adventures around both of our towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment