Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mentone, Alabama

I think my first time going to Mentone, Alabama was during undergrad for a weekend retreat.  Between working at Riverview Camp for Girls for a following summer and returning for semesterly retreats, I have grown to love Mentone.  It is this tiny, adorable town sitting on top of Lookout Mountain.
 When Seth told me one of his friends was getting married up there, I eagerly agreed to be his wedding date (not that I would have done it any other way, but still…Mentone).  Friday night we stayed at Cragsmere Manor.  It was spacious and then some.  The best part were the views.
While Seth was busy with pre-wedding festivities, I got to meet up with a long lost friend at Riverview.
 

The wedding and reception were held at Camp Desoto and were absolutely beautiful.  We didn’t have time to visit Desoto falls or the wildflower cafĂ© (I highly recomend both), or any of the little art galleries, but the weekend was still absolutely wonderful. Mentone is a great place to unplug and get away; you should go!

Foliage photo disclaimer: I know the leaves are just starting to change, but it felt like fall and I just couldn't help myself. Does anyone else get way too excited about fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment