Sunday, March 16, 2014

Home sweet home

2014-02-09 17.10.38
I moved into a duplex just before thanksgiving.  I saw how spacious and adorable the place was and couldn’t wait to move right in.  I spent the first month or two getting moved in and putting up a Christmas tree,  another month or two, taking the Christmas tree down, dealing with a leaky roof and a busted pipe, and the ridiculously cold temperatures.  The past month I’ve finally been settling in.  I consider this different from moving in (def: taking things out of boxes).  I’m trying to make the place my own now, and this includes many many craft projects which I will be happy to share with you in the coming weeks.
But for now, I wanted to share this window.  This window is one of the main reasons I fell in love with this place.  It sheds so much natural light across the living and dining room and is a perfect place for the dog’s people watching.  The curtains are canvas drop cloths on clip rings; I went back and sewed a loop at the top (my first sewing project) to block out the light/air at the top of the window.  The drop cloths are longer than any drapes I found and about 1/4 the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment