Friday, September 12, 2014

High Five for Friday


1. My new planner came in the mail! Its the Kate Spade Large Agenda and I absolutely love it. As environmentally friendly as I try to be, I absolutely love planners and to-do lists. I have yet to find an app or online calendar that makes me feel as prepared as having my day written out does.

2. I have gotten in such a habit of snacking, I completely forgot about lunch yesterday. I am not one to starve myself or anything; I just eat a lot of really small "meals" throughout the day. This week included granola (homemade), cranberry almond trail mix, apples, overnight oats and some awesome snacks from Graze. I especially love the Mississippi BBQ Pistachios and the Key Lime Pie Mix.

3. I have gotten back to running. For me, running is a very freeing practice. Every few months I get out of the practice, generally because I have clumsily injured myself or I get frustrated with how it is constantly hot here, but I'm always surprised by how easy it is to get back into it. My running partner makes it ever better too; he will hopefully be a little more enthusiastic as the weather starts to cool off.  My current running motivation was learning about SeaWheeze. Yoga, running and brunch...count me in! (I'm so sad to see that registration for next year is already sold out!)


4. I got to spend a little time with Seth in Mountain Brook, Alabama this weekend. Mountain Brook is this adorable little town in the Birmingham area and it happens to be Seth's hometown. I love the botanical gardens and the zoo, but just walking around the villages provides plenty to see and do. This adorable little guy is in a community garden in Crestline Village.

5. Following this month's challenge of self-improvement and growth by The Everygirl, I've been working on blogging.  I'm hoping this will help me in learning a little html and learning how to cook a few healthy meals. I've been researching recipes and all things blog related and have found so many interesting tidbits, but haven't put many into practice just yet.

Hope your weekend is wonderful!


 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

1 comment:

  1. I just looked up SeaWheeze. I think we should make this happen in 2016! That gives me 2 years to get ready. I can do this! haha

    ReplyDelete