Monday, February 9, 2015

French Women Don't Get Fat


I started to purchase How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are a couple of weeks ago, but felt too guilty to add another book to my collection of books I'm totally going to get around to reading. I started reading French Women Don't Get Fat, by Mireille Guiliano, over a year ago - right around the time I started my job and realized working full time is exhausting compared to the part time retail job I had previously held. Once I moved into my new apartment, the book took up roots on my book shelf where it was forgotten. I just recently picked it back up and have really enjoyed this light read. 

I don't read self-help books, and kind of thought this was something different when I ordered it off of Amazon. However, I have so enjoyed Guiliano's advice and discussion on French culture. The book includes recipes and encourages moderation of the less healthy and avoiding "diet" foods but also discusses the French culture that revolves around food. Between rushing out the door in the morning, eating lunch at my desk and finally crashing in front of the TV or computer to eat dinner, it's hard for me to imagine taking a time out to eat each meal and really savor my food. Guiliano also advises cooking for yourself, eating natural food, and being active, which I think we can all agree are positive and achievable goals. 

Come to find out, Guiliano has since published several books on French culture, including French Women Don't Get Facelifts, which sounds awesome.  I will definitely be adding it to my reading list. 

Have you read French Women Don't Get Fat or How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are?


No comments:

Post a Comment