Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekend Reading


This weekend was a relaxing end to a lovely week. I spent time with friends and family, cooked great food, thanks to Blue Apron, and took an online calligraphy class with Scarlet & Gold.



This week, I tried to simplify my to-do list by prioritizing tasks and making a top three list every morning.  A couple days in, I started making separate top three lists for work and personal endeavors.  I feel like I'm not only getting more done, but accomplishing those three tasks gives me permission to relax and focus on less important tasks the rest of the day. This isn't really a novel idea; neatly noted makes an adorable simplified to do list and the Day Designer includes a daily top 3 on each of its planner pages.  So far, I've been using some cute watercolor sticky notes in my planner and they have worked like a charm.

Links I've Loved

I'm looking forward to an upcoming work trip to San Diego, so naturally I've been planning things to do, and more importantly, places I have to eat.  Lexi shared beautiful pictures from her trip, and oh man, those tacos look good!

Speaking of travel, I love Wandeleur's list of unique ways to travel.  How much fun does a food tour sound?!

I was obsessed with I Love Lucy as a kid and love this article by Glamour on what Lucille Ball taught us.  a http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2013/08/lucille-ball

I'm on a mission to learn calligraphy.  I've used the super helpful resources from Julie Blanner and taken the Brit & Co class.  Today, I took a free online course offered by Scarlet & Gold. It was very helpful, as well and they'll be offering it again soon.  The Brit & Co class goes over all the basics very quickly, but the course is yours for future use, meaning you can rewind and rewatch to your hearts delight.  The Scarlet & Gold class went at a much more realistic pace and taught how to write the phrase "let's write pretty".  Scarlet & Gold will be releasing a series of calligraphy courses, which sound reasonably priced.

How beautiful are these watercolor invitations by A Fabulous Fete?! All of her work is lovely and amazes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment