Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Almond Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies


Pin It!

I made these a couple of weeks ago for a family lunch that I ended up getting to about 45 minutes late.  A positive aspect of staying in Alabama, is my family.  It's big, loud and a little crazy, but very happy.  Everyone is nearby, and able to regularly get together. My mom cooks lunch every weekend for everyone who can join and it's always delicious. As I said, these were meant to be dessert, but a hodge podge of issues resulted in my arriving after everyone had eaten.  They were still sampled, and everyone seemed to really enjoy.  My grandmother even thought they were the best I had ever made, but of course, what are grandmothers for if not complements.

If Thanksgiving had an official cookie, I would like to think this would be it.  The cranberry, in addition to the beautiful color it provides, adds a bittersweet kick to the white chocolate.  The almonds give a great texture and add a delicious little flavor.  Personally, I think the solid amount of butter also aids in the warm fuzzy feeling of Thanksgiving in this cookie.  I may be biased, but I loved these and hope you will too.

Almond Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Makes 28 cookies

Prep Time: 12-15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes

Ingredients: 
½ cup and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1 ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup sliced almonds

Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and sea salt and set aside. 
  3. Cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes).
  4. Add in vanilla and beaten egg, mix until just barely combined.
  5. Add in your flour mixture a third at a time.
  6. Mix in the dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, and almonds. 
  7. Drop heaping tablespoon-sized dollops of cookie dough onto the parchment paper, leaving a 2 inches between each cookie, I even smooshed them down a little.
  8. Bake 15-20 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are slightly golden. 
  9. Let rest on the cookie sheet for just a minute, then move to a cooling rack. 
                                                                                                                     Hope you enjoy!

2 comments: