Friday, November 21, 2014

Five Favorites for Friday


Welcome Friday, and thank goodness. I don't believe in constantly waiting for the weekend and really love what I do.  However, I'm so excited for this weekend, just for the time I plan on spending out in the precious few daylight hours.  Not having a window in my office, I've grown to really appreciate time spent outside. Knowing that I won't have any conference calls for couple days is also a welcomed little treat.

In celebration of this welcome, somewhat winter-like weekend and alteration in general, here are a few of my favorite and for the most part unrelated findings over the week.  I hope they will inspire you to storm a farmer's market, bake something delicious, and spend a crafty night in.

  1. I had a wonderful weekend with lovely friends in Tuscaloosa. So many of my favorite people were in town for a sorority alumnae event.  I cherish any time I get to spend with my friends, but getting to see so many of them in one weekend was just wonderful.  I also got to spend time with a few four-legged friends, like Winston, Brittany's adorable little yorkie.
  2. I can't ever keep my seasonal produce straight and I need a plan before hitting up the local curb market. I love Kate's Monthly Produce Guides and her blog in general.
  3. I'm so tempted to bake bread this weekend, just to have an excuse to make/eat Emma's Chipotle Butter.
  4. I'm so amazed by the number of bloggers in the state. I am a newer member of Birmingham Bloggers and I have found so many wonderful girls through this network. I've quickly come to love the blog, Double Thyme and really wish I could just be a test taster for the wonderful baked goods Beth Cakes comes up with.
  5. Between, the sleeping, cleaning, running, and baking I'm already planning to do this weekend, I'm hoping to practice my calligraphy. Julie Blanner has a few tutorials I've used so far and really like.
Hope your weekends are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Winston misses you! Every so often he will run to the guest room and smell and try to see under the door. I think he is looking for you!

    ReplyDelete