Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weekend Reading


Last weekend, the Southern Makers event was held in the Union Station Train Shed in downtown Montgomery, Alabama.  The event was full of southern artists, musicians, chefs and brewers, majority being from Alabama.  I absolutely loved it!  This was the third year for the event, but my first time attending.  It was great to see such a large turn out for this creative event.  Since then, I have been on a creative kick, working on calligraphy and new recipes.



Erika shared some love for her city of St Louis.and asked a good question in What is it about where you live that you love?  Montgomery has definitely grown on me. I'm constantly finding new restaurants and new events such as Southern Makers and Last Call.

The Montgomery Museum of Fine Art Junior Executive Board hosted Last Call this week.  I love the concept.  It provides a networking event and gives young professionals the opportunity to access the collections. I enjoyed the exhibit and the opportunity to check out a local museum I really haven't taken advantage of, but can not wait for the next event which will likely focus on watercolors by Zelda Fitzgerald.

In the spirit of everything southern, have you seen Reese Witherspoon's new site, Draper James?  An embodiment of southern charm.

I spent my Saturday baking a lemon cake with glaze and butter cream frosting for Mothers Day

I hope the rest of your weekend is filled with creative adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Southern Makers sounds like a ton of fun! I want to go next year!

    p.s. I love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We will make some plans! Seth and I both loved Southern Makers and I have a few pictures I plan to share before too long!

      Delete