Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What on earth am I doing (shortcomings in photography and a new camera)

I will be the first to admit my shortcomings, especially in the realm of photography.  In effort to better my knowledge of this subject, I recently purchased a Samsung NX1100.  I looked into a few DSLRs but quite frankly they intimidated the mess out of me. The NX1100 is part of the Samsung's family of compact system cameras with interchangeable lens.  From what I've read on the camera, it has excellent reviews, and aside from limitations of low lighting, really has been great.  I'm still learning photography basics and trying to figure out how to use it (outside of it's easy to use SMART mode; I've got that down), but I thought I would share a few of my recent pictures. 



 The pictures above were taken at the Cloverdale Road Park, B's favorite of the many parks in the area. First United Methodist sits at the heart of Old Cloverdale. 



My dad and one of my nephews at my niece's Frozen themed birthday party. Dad and Gray painted a lovely Olaf the Snowman.

None of the photos have been edited.  I would love to hear any photography advice you may have.

3 comments:

  1. Photography is all about trial and error! Not much advice, but it really is the case. Once you figure out the FStop and Aperture then you are good to go! I took several classes on it at UA, and the most challenging part is Photoshop. I bought a Photoshop for Dummies when I first started, and now that I have the basics I literally Google the mess out of everything else. The photos you posted look great, and I can't wait to see what else you do! You may want to also look into a photography club in Birmingham, they offer great lectures and technique courses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice. The camera came with Photoshop Lightroom, which I have started learning. Thank goodness for Google!

      Delete
  2. These look really good! I am so glad to have a friend that shares in my love for cameras/pictures! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete