Monday, December 8, 2014

Brunch with the Birmingham Bloggers

Saturday morning, Brittany and I met in Birmingham for a brunch hosted by the Birmingham Bloggers.  The brunch was held at The Nest in Avondale.  Located just across from Avondale Brewing Company, The Nest is a beautiful new event space in a very cool historic area.  The brunch kicked off with a food photography/instagram workshop with Rachel, a food stylist for Cooking Light and blogger at Stupid Good Rachel. She covered lighting, angles, and backgrounds, among other things I had never thought of and offered great pointers.  

Rachel also coordinated the wonderful four course meal.  In addition to our yogurt bowls which we somewhat beautifully assembled (part of our workshop, we had a super green salad with pistachios, tahini and satsumas, baked eggs with crispy proscuitto and lemon zest home fries, and a citrus scented scone with grapefruit cream. With great food, wonderful people, and beautiful decorations like this, I'm reminded of how much I absolutely love brunch






I hope you manage to fit brunch into your busy life this week.  Do you have a favorite brunch-like meal?

2 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I'm going to my first blogger network event next week. I only wish it was brunch...instead we are doing a barre class with tacky Christmas sweaters! Haha. PS - your pictures turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was so much fun! I love the idea of doing a barre class or something so active as a group.

      Delete