Friday, December 5, 2014

Five Favorites for Friday



  1. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. We all gathered around the giant table that my dad built, and had way too much delicious food. Mom has a way of making even family dinners look beautiful. I took a carrot cake. This is my absolute favorite dessert to bake and the recipe is from The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook, in which I have yet to find a sub-par recipe.
 
  1. I also contributed sugared cranberries. I actually don't think I had ever had fresh cranberries before last week, but now I have, with and without sugar.  Sugared is way better. The recipe is super easy, but does require an overnight step. This kid really enjoyed them (this is not the best picture due the constant motion of this kid, but I love it). 
  2. I spent the weekend following Thanksgiving with Seth's family in Mountain Brook, and finally bought a decent pair of reading glasses at Kate Spade- Hooray Black Friday!
  1. I've been trying to read up on photography tips and tricks, see Shortcomings in Photography.  This National Geographic article on lighting was helpful.  I also finally got a picture of Butkus before he had chance to turn around (he has some type of aversion to cameras in general that generally results in his turning his bottom to the camera). 
  2. I put up a Christmas Tree! Actually, some of my family came over to help me put up a Christmas Tree. Now to find present to put underneath it!
This weekend I'm looking forward to a brunch with the Birmingham Bloggers and Sunday afternoon with my sister. Hope you and yours enjoy a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom did do a great job! The table is gorgeous! I don't think I have ever had a fresh cranberry. Carrot cake is one of my favorites. Your tree is so pretty! I had lots of fun today! Wow, that was all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I'm not sure how to respond to that comment, haha. It was great to see you this weekend too!

      Delete